This is it! Our first EVER creative challenge on The Cardboard Collective!
I hope I can energize all of you cardboard creatives out there to come up with a truly fantastic cardboard Halloween costume this year!
Here’s how it works.
1. Create a cardboard costume that fits into one of 5 categories.
- DIY (100% kid made)
- Adults 13 and over
- Hybrid (50-75% cardboard)
- Bicycle Costume
2. Starting October 1st, 2012 you can upload your pictures to the Flickr pool. Include in the comments section which category you would like to participate in. If you don’t use Flickr shoot me an email with permission to upload your photos at email@example.com
3. The whole point of making a costume is to get all dressed up and parade around, so don’t forget to spread the word on your blog, facebook, instagram, pinterest, tumblr and twitter account by plunking down the #cdbdcc hashtag or link to the Cardboard Costume Challenge and inviting the people you know.
5. Check back on November 1st, 2012 for final results and galleries of the most inspiring costumes and hey, maybe you’ll even win something cool from our sponsor MakeDo Japan!
Ready to get Started?
Head over to check out some truly inspiring cardboard costumes and get lots of ideas here: Cardboard Costumes Pinterest board
I’ll be posting tutorials every week filled with new ideas for working with cardboard as well as give you a glimpse at our own costumes in progress. I’ll also be introducing you to our amazing judges throughout the month.
I’m so honored to be sponsored by the coolest cardboard toy ever!
Don’t forget to grab your badge here:
<a href=”http://www.flickr.com/photos/thecardboardcollective/8014292047/” title=”Cardboard Collective Costume Challenge Button by the Cardboard Collective, on Flickr”><img src=”http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8178/8014292047_44e60662e9_m.jpg” width=”160″ height=”122″ alt=”Cardboard Collective Costume Challenge Button”></a>