These are the beginnings of the head pieces the girls will wear for their butterfly and moth costumes. We will be attaching antennas and textured cardboard to complete them.
- Cut strips of cardboard about 1.5″ wide and longer than you need to wrap around your head.
- Measure cut and glue a strip of cardboard together so it fits around your head.
- Attach 2 more cardboard strips so that they cross over the mid point of your head.
- Add additional strips as desired.
- Use this base for attaching ears, horns, antennas, or a mask.
We’ve already gotten our first photos for the Cardboard Costume Challenge!
Christine Scheer made this incredible Pavlov’s Dog head entirely from cardboard for a cardboard costume charity event she attended in late September.
You can see how Christine started her head by making the upper and lower cardboard jawbone pieces and then used strips to connect the pieces.
This a truly original costume idea! Thanks for sending your awesome pictures Christine!