Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home3/awmd/public_html/wp-settings.php:1) in /home3/awmd/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-super-cache/wp-cache-phase2.php on line 62 recycled | THE CARDBOARD COLLECTIVE
You”ll never believe these costumes sent from a parallel cardboard universe. Interactive lights, secret candy chutes and functioning game pieces. Yeah!
What impresses me most, is the smiles of a family that “makes” together. From hair-brained idea to triumphant march on Halloween night, you can tell they enjoyed the whole process.
I hope you will be as inspired as I was by the favorite cardboard projects that costume meisters Rosie and Ben have created over the years. They sent me these pictures of their costumes for the Cardboard Costume Challenge.
Viva la Halloween!
1. Anglerfish. Complete with hinged mouth that opens and closes, push light eyes and an internal switch for the overhead light.
2. Red Candle. Contains an internal switch so friends can “blow” out the candle.
3. Crosswalk. Contains switch from “walk” to “don’t walk.” So fun!
4. Tropical Pitcher Plant. Fly hat for a finishing touch. Includes chute to drop in candy!
5. Calculator. “hello!”
6. Velvet Worm. Yes, very obscure. Silly string was used for “slime glands.”
7. Black Widow and Fly
8. Connect 4. Yes, the game actually works. We donated it to a local school after Halloween.
9. Golden Gate Bridge. A hinge connects the road in the middle but we mostly stayed unconnected!