We’ve done another project for TinkerLab’s Flower Challenge this week. You have to try flower pounding! It’s really simple and we got great results! Electra also loved getting the chance to use a REAL hammer.
A few of the different projects that I read about on the web used watercolor paper (check out this one at Sweet Leaf Notebook). We used Egg carton lids that we had on hand. The cartons worked really well, I think because they are so thick and the texture helps absorb some of the moisture in the flower.
The biggest tip I have for you is that it’s important to spread the flower’s petals out, and use flowers with simple shapes and bold colors. Yellow Nasturtiums worked the best for us, but this works great with leaves too.